- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 6 strips of bacon
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 1/4 cup of dry roasted almonds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Bake sweet potatoes at 475 until soft. (~35 minutes)
- Remove from oven to cool
- Dice raw bacon and cook in pan
- Split sweet potatoes in half and spoon out center making sure not to break the skin.
- Mash the sweet potato with the bacon in pan. (No need to drain bacon fat)
- In a food processor blend basil, almond, pepper, lime juice, and olive oil
- Mix pesto in sweet potato & bacon mash still in original pan.
- Fill sweet potato skins back up
- Bake at 475 for 15 minutes or until top is browned.
Post a Comment